A New Beginning

Hi Y'all! I haven't blogged regularly in over a year!  I can't believe that it's been that long! 
Lots of have changed in the last year and I can't wait to share it with you!  

Before I dig into an update, I want to welcome all those who might be new to my blog!  
Thanks for stopping by and learning more about our faith, farm, and family!  

A little background info...my husband and I are 11th generation farmers...I always said 10th but we have learned in the last year that I calculated wrong. We have a family owned and operated dairy in South Carolina.  There are less than 50 other dairies left in our state!  


We farm along with my husband's parents and our 4 farm kids.  
For years I worked full time off the farm however in November I quit my job to stay at home and help on the farm!  Talk about a big adjustment!!  

So far I am loving it!  Now I'm not saying my house is cleaner or that I'm caught up on laundry or that I have started tackling that long list of "things I want to do".  I am saying that I get to spend more time with my family, I am happier and I am doing what I am passionate about.  

My days consist of school drop offs & pick ups, feeding babies (human and bovine varieties), washing dishes, doing laundry, squeezing in time to read my Bible and churn out a few stitches, baking and chasing after little ones.  I wouldn't have it any other way...even though it also means you may find me in the milk parlor more than the house, many times covered in poop & baby vomit and there aren't as many dress up days for the Princess Farmgirl.  

So welcome back!  I can't wait to get back to blogging on a more regular basis...
now tell me what you would like to read about?  
Our faith?
Our farm?
Cloth diapering?
Sewing Tips/Tricks?
Pattern Reviews?
Recipes?
Dairy Farms?
Kids clothes?  

Until next time

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment