2013 A New Year with New Goals

I can't believe that 2012 is over.  It was a year full of ups and downs, unmentioned struggles and some of God's greatest blessings.  I am sure 2013 will be no different.  I have learned over the years that it really doesn't matter what the calendar says each year will have it's own struggles and triumphs but if we focus on God's plan for our life (as little as we know about it) we will be better off with each passing year.  Now this is a hard one to swallow for those of you who might have started out 2012 employed but ended the year unemployed or lost a friend/family member, or witnessed devastation I can only imagine, however I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that many times the reason is to show us who/what we should focus on in life.
 



My goals in 2013 are much more focused on the things I feel that God has led me too instead of what I want.  In the past year some things have become very apparent to me.  I want to take the time to ensure I am working on his plan.


So what are my goals for 2013?  Well here they are...

1. Memorize 24 verses of scripture.  I will be doing this along with my sister.  We are both participating in Living Proof Ministries Siesta Scripture Memory Team

My first verse is one of my favorites: Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  Not only is this the first verse of the year I want to have hidden in my heart it is also the verse I have chosen to focus on living out this year.  Which takes me to goal number 2.

2. Let go of the fear and anxiety that consumes parts of my day.  Pray more often and let God guide me.  This goes for everything from parenting to financial planning.  Too many times I am concerned with other's opinions about myself, my family, even my finances.  I want to let that go.


3. Read through the ENTIRE Bible in one year.  I am not sure that I have ever read every single chapter and verse in the Bible.  Therefore this year I have decided to follow a plan.  I am going to do my best to stick with it.  If you would like to join in I am using the plan from Rachel Wojo.com 

4. Spend more time focusing on my family.  This has especially come to the fore front of my mind since we will be adding baby boy #2 in March.  I have realized that many times I have taken both my husband and son for granted.  I want to be an intentional wife and mother, taking time each day to appreciate each person in my home.  This means putting down a project, not watching a television show, or going outside in the cold mist to spend time with one of them then that is what I plan to do.  

5. Finally get my house, office, and life organized.  I worked on this challenge last year.  I did improve but still have a ways to go.  I keep hoping the declutter fairy (my sister) will come declutter and clean my house but to no avail :(.  This includes everything from better financial planning and monthly menus (that we stick to) to finding time to exercise more & rediscover the floor in my office(at work) along with finally getting rid of clothes I haven't worn since I got married! 

6. To use my blog more effectively.  For me this means one posting more often.  Last year I posted 37 new post and gained followers however this year I want to do more.  I have a goal of 500 followers by 12/31/13, but to reach this goal I must give my followers content.  My content will still focus on my life and it's ever changing activities.  
and last but definitely not least...

7. To advocate for agriculture more often and to be more vocal about issues affecting agriculture in our community.   I want to be the person that my non-ag friends look to for answers concerning agriculture...not some special interest lobbyist group who thinks that modern production agriculture is going to be the end of the world.  I would like to see more visitors to our farm and perhaps expand some of our education efforts in our area.  

So all in all my list isn't long but it's a commitment.  I did not include anything on my list that was a luxury.  I like visible targets and I feel that this list is just that!  So to close out this post please enjoy some photos from Christmas around our home.  




Wyatt & Star his Christmas puppy...which came just in time!  As we finished out 2012 his beloved Molly passed away.


Wyatt sporting his personalized PJ's thanks to Monkey Hunters.  


Our homegrown Christmas tree.  As much as I would love a "pretty" tree I love our tradition of chopping down a tree from our farm each year.  It's always fun to search for "just the right one".


Another picture of Star and her cuteness


A very happy boy on Christmas morning!

Until next time....

Caci





Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment