How did my 12 in 2012 work out?

364 days ago I posted my 12 in 2012 list.  Let's take a look back and see how well I stuck to my goals!  

Here is the original post if you would like to read the whole thing but below is my list of things I wanted to accomplish in 2012. 


1. Focus on God  I feel like this is one thing that I really did well in the past year.  I took God off the back burner and put him more front and center.  Now don't take me wrong there were still plenty of times when I lost my focus and put other things first, but all in all I feel like God has worked tremendously in my life over the last year.  

2. Create consistent Mommy School lessons for the lil man We did do Mommy School regularly through the end of July.  However once lil' man began preschool we backed off.  We still do Mommy School occasionally throughout the months but not daily or even weekly.  Typically we now review his work from school.  

3. Realize I only have so much time...don't agree to do everything people ask of me  I actually stuck to my guns on this one!!  I was amazed.  I still did agree to do some additional things however I also turned down some wonderful opportunities as well.  It is very hard for me to give up on an opportunity however I know that God has plans for my life and if those things are part of it he will present me with the chance at a better time in life.  

4. Organize my house, my life, and my office  This is still a major work in progress, especially in my office.  I have decluttered the house multiple times this year and finally let go of some things that we just really had no use or space for.  I still have a long way to go but it's getting better.  I even started a family notebook/planner that helps me keep track of our life, menus, and budget.  

5. Take a few minutes everyday to do some type of exercise...even if it's just playing outside with the lil man This wasn't the most successful goal by any means.  I was much more active this year than I had been the previous however I lost steam after a while and have used pregnancy as an excuse not to do as much.  

6. Remember birthdays I remember them...but sending out a card is still not my style.  However if you are on my email list and I have your birthday then you are much more likely to receive a card in your inbox!  

7. Cook real home cook meals from scratch at least 5 days a week...All I can say about this is HAHAHAHAHA...we have done better due to menu planning but not all of the meals were made from scratch. 

8. Blog and advocate regularly...this does not mean daily but on a regular schedule I posted 37 times in the last year...this number did not meet my goal but at least it averages out to be about once every 2 weeks.  

9. To plant a large family garden and learn to can all it's bounty...we got the planting part down but let the weeds take over and did not gain any canning skills regardless of my wonderful pinterest board! 

10. To finally fence in and landscape my yard...nope didn't happen

11. To take an honest family vacation that doesn't revolve around a livestock show or farm event...even if it's only for 1 night...well William and I went to Hawaii for 6 days...however I am not sure that counts as it was for the American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting.  We also went to the beach but again it was due to a Farm Bureau event...so needless to say we probably need to work on that.  

12. To create a budget and STICK to it!! We did ok in this area.  We didn't knock it out of the park but we did pay off some debt and get to a better place financially.   

All in all I would say that even though I didn't accomplish all of my goals I did do much better than I had in years past.  I am currently making a list for 2013 with things that I would like to accomplish.  I am sure some of the things on the 2012 list will reappear on the 2013 but in more detail since I have had a year to ponder them.  

Until next time...

Caci

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment