What I want to be when I grow up...

OH, Kindergarten...
Dropping your kid off at school for the first time it can be dreadful for all involved!
But it can also remind us of our WANTS in life...
For me it reminds me I want to be a stay-at-home mom! 
Not just any stay-at-home mom,
you know the ones who drops their kid(s) off in yoga pants,
not because they have been to yoga but that it the only thing they EVER wear.
(Please note not hating maybe jealous but not hating...and remember this is my dream so)

No I want to be the SAH mom is always fashionable,
 makes Pinterest ideas look silly
and who's house is impeccably clean.
 I want to be a stay-at-home mom who's kids are always well-dressed and well mannered.
And can recite all the books of the Bible in order,
as well as know the references numerous veres you might need on a regular basis.
Basically I want to be June Cleaver and Martha Stewart all rolled into one fashionable momma!


 But that's not my life, 
and let's face it that's not reality~
 I'm a full-time working mom
 who has more Pintoristy's than Pin successes, 
My fashion gets a little stale 
as jeans/slacks and a company shirt can be my go to work attire
 (and no one would notice or care)
I do good to remember my Bible study time and to ensure he has said his prayers,
much less quiz him on the catcheism.

I'm a mom who has to choke back tears on the first day, 
until I get back to the car to buckle the baby his car seat and then opens the flood gates,
to which I promptly tell myself to suck it up 
because guess what I had to go to work 
and "ain't nobody got time for that"

I'm  the mom who carts the pump back and forth daily,
constantly worried do I have enough milk for the little one.
All the while getting engrossed in what I am doing and forgeting to pump
(dang I should probably pump now)

Ok so there you have it....
what I want to be vs what I am...

I'm not unhappy with my path in life, 
just as humans we always want more...
we want what's on the other side...

But in light of recent events with friends 
today I am thankful and overjoyed that God has blessed me.
He has blessed me with an amazing husband, who is hard working and dedicated.
He has blessed me with 2 healthy boys
He has blessed me with a job that is somewhat flexible.
He has blessed me with a church family that loves me as if I was their own flesh & blood.
SO many blessings that I don't take the time to look at,
because all I can see is what I want.  

Take a moment today and thank God for your blessings.

Until Next time,

Caci

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment