5 in 15

Every year I develop a list of things I want to do.  
Some years it's a list of 25 things...
last years was 14...
this year there are 5 things I want to do.  

None of them focus on blogging...
these are all very personal goals that I want to accomplish in my life and my family's life.
That doesn't mean I don't plan to blog...
it just means we are going to take some time to truly focus what's important.
I have goals for the blog but honestly they are lengthy and probably not that interesting...not that my personal ones are either but you know...

So what are my 5 in 15?

1) Study God's word more.
Study by myself, with my family and with friends.  I need to dig deeper and soak up all he has to offer.

2) Be thankful for my blessings.
As the year wound down I began to hear myself (and others around me) complain more and more about what we didn't have or our circumstances.  After reflecting it made me realized that I need to be more thankful for the life God has given me, even if it's not how my mind planned it.

3) Rid our life of excess.
This means excess clothes, toys, debt, and commitment, among other things.  Our lives are so full of stuff we can't find what's important.  I want to simplify our life so that we can truly enjoy the things that matter.  

4) Sew because I want to...not because I have too.
I love to sew but the only time my sewing machine gets used is when I need to complete an order.   I want to take the time this year to sew those items on my list I have been dreaming about.

5) Complete our family yearbooks.
I did Wyatt a year book for his 1st year.  I started on his second and never finished.  I would love to be able to complete one book for each boy for each year and a family book as well.  I also want to complete our family cookbook which I have been working on for about 5 years now...

So there you have it...
my 5 in 15.  

Do you set goals you wish to accomplish each year?

Share them in the comments below!

May God bless you & keep you!

Caci

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment