Thin Me Down Thursday: Week 2

So last week I began this journey (read it here).  It was a difficult one to start but has definitely been encouraged all week by amazing friends and family.  A few things I have learned in the last week.

1. My typical net calorie intake was anywhere from 2000-2500 calories per day with no exercise...I have started exercising daily and been able to reduce my net calories for the day to 1500 or less each day for the last 7 days.

2. I have read numerous fitness magazines, even subscribed to a few and found that there are lots of people who have faced the same challenge and overcame it.

3. Jillian Michaels can only kick your butt if you let her.  I have been doing the 30 day Shred workout and I have seen results but the biggest is in my endurance and stamina not only during the workouts but throughout the day...and night (wink wink)

One of the magazine I picked up was All You Health & Fitness.  In it was an article titled "Make small changes and see BIG results!"  The article talked about rethinking your current routine and committing to a new resolution every week for 12 weeks.  I was kinda amazed to see that I had already put a few of the 12 things in place.

Week 1 was focused on starting a journal and well that is what this is.  I write down things daily on sticky notes to track my successes and setbacks and then put them all together in a blog post.  In addition I also use My Fitness Pal to log all my food and exercise.  This has been great to help me see what days I consumed more food on and what days I exercised more.  It also keeps me accountable.

Week 2: Clear Clutter & Set Health Goals...just last week I cleaned up my entire kitchen and reorganized it to make it more family friendly while preparing meals.  And as you probably already know set a few major health goals.

Week 3: Practice Positive Thinking...well I have had a lot of practice on this thanks to my wonderful friend and family!  They have given me the courage to expect more from myself.

Week 4: Drink More Water...I have drank more cups of pure water in the last 7 days than I have in the last 7 months...prepares even the last 7 years!!!

Week 5: Make each day more active...I finally have gotten up off my butt each day and exercised.  I have been working out 20 minutes a day with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred program and finally I don't feel like I am going to die at the end of the workout.

Week 6: Plan meals ahead of time...that is my goal for the upcoming week!  So there is no more 6 p.m. crunch and everyone will be happier in our family!

Week 7: Cut back on Sugar...increasing my water consumption has meant I have decreased my diet coke habit.  In addition I have also not had a Reese's Peanut Butter cup in 7 days and in all honesty...I haven't missed them as much as I thought I would.

Week 8: Rethink Carbs...we will work on that one later

Week 9: Slow down on Fast Food....thanks to My Fitness Pal I am much more aware of what I am eating and the nutritional content.  Even though I have still eaten fast food in the last week I have changed what type of fast food I am eating.

Week 10: Add new exercise...check...I started exercising!  Somedays I walk and workout with Jillian in addition to cleaning house and dancing with the little man.

Week 11: Catch up on sleep...umm this sounds great...I will have to make time for this one in the near future

Week 12: Be more mindful...I am trying to keep things in perspective and reduce my stress level.

So all in all I think its been a pretty successful week.

But this week did have its challenges as little man was diagnosed with pneumonia and caring for him always comes first.  I had to travel for some volunteer work on Saturday which puts you eating catered food that was wonderful but also not the best for you.  And on Tuesday stress got to me and I ate lunch ate Zaxby's...and not a salad.  So did you decide to join up?

If so there is a button on my side bar and a linky at the end of this post!


So what everyone is really wondering is how did  I do this week...let's look at the numbers

THINMEDOWNCHARTWEEK2

My jean size hasn't really changed at all but I can tell they are looser in some areas than others.  So that is my journey for the week.  Hopefully I can keep this forward momentum...what do you do to stay fit?

Until next time--

Caci








Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. 6 pounds! Way to go. I sprained something in my knee running on Sunday and can't do my regular walking/tubing this week. Dr. says I can start back on Monday of it feels better and I take it slow. Grrr so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the MFP app on my phone so I can scan barcodes! LOVE it!

    Seriously think about the carbs...I have a terrible sweet tooth, but if I start my day with something higher in protein and focus on protein rich snacks, I can avoid that mid-afternoon starving feeling.

    Good luck, Caci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Becky I hope your knee is better soon. Wyatt & I are breaking out the jogging stroller today to do some walking...maybe a 5k in August? Katie I LOVE MFP its great! Yeah carbs are my weakness and I am learning certain things are working better for breakfast than others.

    ReplyDelete