Meaty Monday!

So in honor of the start of SEC Football Season (GO DAWGS!!!) and the upcoming Labor Day Holiday I thought I would share two of my favorite grilling recipe. Typically on the farm if we grill its either hamburgers and hotdogs or steak...in our household there really is nothing else! Many times we do use beef that was grown on our farm however there are times that we purchase meat from the store. I am just as comfortable using store bought beef as I am the beef we raise on farm. And honestly sometimes the beef bought at the store is a little tastier especially the steaks because they have more marbling than our homegrown beef does. Both recipes are fast and easy to create and grill.

My steaks are simple...

1 tsp seasoned salt,
1.5 tsp pepper,
1/2 cup Worchester sauce
Mix all three together in a Ziploc bag.
Drop in the ribeyes toss for a minute.
Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Heat the grill to medium heat so you don't overcook the outside.
I don't use time as an indicator of how well my meat is cook. I use an instant read thermometer...we like our steaks medium so 160 is our magic number. (Rare= 145) But you probably need to check them after 4-5 minutes depending on how done you would like them.

Hamburgers

2 lbs of ground beef
3 tbsp of ranch dressing mix
2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp of A1
Buns
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Onions (preferably Vidalia Onions)
Mayo
Mustard
Ketchup
Cheese Slices

1. Combine ground beef, ranch dressing mix, pepper, and A1 in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 3/4-inch thick patties.

2. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.

3. Line bottom of each bun with lettuce leaf; top with tomato slice, burger, and toppings, as desired. Close sandwiches.

Again grilling at our house is simple and easy. All my food safety information came from Beef It's What's For Dinner website.
The site has great tips, ideas and recipes. I hope you all enjoy!

Linking up at

Hunk of Meat Mondays

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Yum! I also keep it simple and enjoy grilled steaks and burgers. I LOVE SEC football....yes all the way from North Dakota. There's a longer story to it but Go Dawgs. I'm a Georgia fan!

    ReplyDelete