Meaty Monday!

So I thought today I would share one of my favorite BEEF recipes with you.

Now realize that I am typically trying to whip something up at 8 or 9 at night after we get in from the barn. So my cooking is quick and usually cheap!

Chili is one of my personal favs and as we head into fall this will be cooked often in our home.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil
1/2 med Onion chopped
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tbsp Chili Powder
2 lbs Ground Beef
Homemade tomato sauce (canned during the summer)or an 8 oz can
1 tsp Salt
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can Diced tomatoes & Chilies (Could have canned at home but didn't)
grated Cheese
Chips or corn bread

In a large pot put in oil and chopped garlic & onions, stir until slightly brown... DON'T BURN!!
Throw ground beef in pot...cook until brown. Drain off excess fat. Pour in tomato sauce, spices & salt. Mix together VERY WELL, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about an hour stirring occasionally. If you notice the mixture is getting dry pour in a little water (1/2 cup at a time). Taste after an hour to check flavor...add spices as needed...pour in beans and tomato mixture simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with grated cheese and chips or corn bread.

Chili can be frozen after completely cooled.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Awesome! You should link up like I do MOST Mondays for Hunk of Meat Monday with Beyer Beware. Also if you add your "goggle connect" widget to your blog it will be easier for me to follow you via my google reader! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete