as i wait

I am sitting at the airport and listening to others as I wait to board my flight. as i sip my starbucks i wonder how many of these people know the true story of agriculture and family farming.

i hear them butcher South Carolina low country names, and giggle about the rural ways. do they know that i just drove 30 minutes from my family farm and they are insulting all rural Americans with their mockery?

at this point in life i still feel like i am 16 even though i havent seen that as an age in over a decade. that feeling prevents me from confronting groups like the above mentioned ones. how would you approach such a group?

i hope at the end of this trip i will possess more confidence and be able to approach groups and enlighten them about the role of agriculture and family farms in America.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment